Leadership Gaston Program
Formed in 1979, Leadership Gaston is a program to develop the leaders of tomorrow. Since its inception, the program's intent has been developing and enhancing volunteer community leadership. The program has brought together people of diverse backgrounds and experience who have demonstrated leadership potential and offers the participants a unique opportunity to increase their knowledge of Gaston County while building a community network of contacts.
- Foster personal relationships among leaders and emerging leaders from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide information and insight into Gaston County's current issues, problems and opportunities.
- Provide a forum for discussion of important issues affecting the community.
- Transmit to new leaders the core values embodied by Gaston County's past and current leadership.
- Enable the creation of new ideas and initiatives to address Gaston County’s major challenges.
- Link participants to new and existing endeavors that address important community issues.
- Develop leadership skills in the participants which are necessary to assume leadership roles.
- Expose participants to community involvement opportunities.