Leadership Gaston Program
Formed in 1979, Leadership Gaston is a program to develop the leaders of tomorrow. Since its inception, the program's intent has been developing and enhancing volunteer community leadership. The program has brought together people of diverse backgrounds and experience who have demonstrated leadership potential and offers the participants a unique opportunity to increase their knowledge of Gaston County while building a community network of contacts.
- Foster personal relationships among leaders and emerging leaders from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide information and insight into Gaston County's current issues, problems and opportunities.
- Provide a forum for discussion of important issues affecting the community.
- Transmit to new leaders the core values embodied by Gaston County's past and current leadership.
- Enable the creation of new ideas and initiatives to address Gaston County’s major challenges.
- Link participants to new and existing endeavors which address important community issues.
- Develop leadership skills in the participants which are necessary to assume leadership role.
- Expose participants to community involvement opportunities.
Various community organizations have been involved in continuing the program, including the Junior League of Gaston County, Belmont Abbey College, Gaston College, CaroMont Health, Wix Filters and the Gaston Regional Chamber. A 25th Anniversary Celebration was held at South Hampton in 2004 and a 30th anniversary celebration occurred for April 30, 2009 at the Schiele Museum of Natural History.
Information coming soon about Class of 2017- 2018.
Click here to apply.